11 foods to ignore that causes Constipation
Constipation refers to the unusual bowel movement, which is hard to pass. The stool is hard and dry. It often leads to abdominal pain, bloating, etc. Regular Constipation may be an indicator of hemorrhoids, anal fissure, and other complications.
Constipation is a common issue in today’s lifestyle, which involves unhealthy eating, lack of exercise, harmful practices, and others. Sometimes, Constipation also turns to chronic constipation that causes piles. In such a case, you need to see a constipation doctor that can treat you and guide you with food habits and medications.
But what do we do to avoid the problem? It is a frequently asked question. Well, the most elegant solution lies in avoiding the foods that trigger it. Along this emphasize on healthy eating and thus bid a farewell to this problem.
Here are 11 foods to ignore that causes Constipation:-
- Gluten-containing foods– Gluten is a protein found in rye, barley, wheat, spelled, and Kamut, which is a common reason for Constipation. Many people show sensitivity to this protein and thus result in Constipation. Individuals with celiac disease are recommended with a gluten-free diet to maintain their normal health. So, if Constipation threatens you, then beware of what you eat. Avoiding this type of food could help to improve conditions.
- Alcohol- Alcohol is never good for our gut and as well as for our health. The consumption of alcohol can lead to various issues related to digestion, immune, and others. But in context to Constipation, it causes the dehydrating effect that accelerates the risk of Constipation. Inadequate hydration or not consuming the required amount of water is the leading cause of Constipation. The impact of alcohol consumption may vary from person to person.
- Milk and dairy products- This is another crucial reason for Constipation. These items, such as cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, and others, contain high fat and low fiber, which is the leading cause of promoting Constipation. Adults are more prone to get Constipation by milk and dairy products; however, toddlers may also get affected.
- Nuts and Seeds- As this food such as almonds, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, and walnuts are a good source of healthy fat but consuming the same in large amounts can lead to Constipation. This is adverse for the one who is suffering from some chronic digestive disorder. So consuming in fewer amounts would favor and reduce the chances of Constipation.
- Onion and Garlic- This kind of food not get easily digested by the small intestine and further depends on the individual digestive system. It contains groups of sugar and fiber which accelerate the issue of Constipation. Taking them raw has several other complications such as gas and adversely affect the digestive system.
- Cauliflower- Cauliflower is a typical food in homes and works well in combination with other food. But reports have revealed that it contains complex sugars, which make it difficult to digest. An individual suffering from Constipation must avoid this or other forms like broccoli etc. to stop any further issues.
- Fast or everyone knows junk food- This fact that fast food is the key to many issues. It vastly affects our digestive system leading to Constipation or motions and others. It should be avoided anyway, but the one suffering from Constipation must neglect it as these foods contain different spices in large amounts which directly attack our digestive system. Therefore, try top cut junk from your eatables list.
- Bananas- Do you even Bananas can cause Constipation? But not all bananas do that. Consumption of bananas is denied in the case of Constipation, particularly unripe ones. It contains starch in high amounts and fiber, such as pectin. It is difficult to be digested by our gut and thus affect our stool.
- High caffeine intake- The intake of a large amount of caffeine has several effects on our body and is addictive. Their consumption can cause Constipation, gas because of its dehydrating nature and leaves us in a painful condition. Their high intake, such as tea and coffee, must be avoided by everyone, but the individual with digestive issues must prevent their consumption.
- Dark chocolate- Chocolates contain more sugar, caffeine, and other ingredients that are difficult to digest. Chocolate is love for many people, and their consumption in large amounts can accelerate the chances of waste.
- Red meat- These foods are difficult to digest by our small intestine and thus cause Constipation. They contain little fiber, and their consumption affects an individual’s total daily tissue. In this case, avoid red meat to have a happy and healthy gut.
This list has revealed various and regular foods that can lead to Constipation. These foods must not be intake in a higher amount to maintain a happy and healthy gut.
The solution to this issue lies within our daily habits. Proper hydration is most important to avoid improper bowel movement, so staying hydrated must be the significant concern. Apart from this, regular exercise, healthy eating, proper sleep pattern, and others may encourage the healthy stomach.
Author’s Bio –
Kajal is a passionate writer who is pursuing her BSC from Delhi University. In the small age, she caters her interest in writing for health, beauty, and business niche. Along with this, she loves to write poems and has deep thoughts. You can follow her writing on https://www.inspitale.com/i-learned-from-life-itself/