Career in Fashion Designing
Fashion designing is the most alluring at the same time highly competitive career option in today’s time. If you have decided to pursue a career in fashion designing, then having the right degree from the right institute is paramount. One can become a fashion designer without any degree, but he/she needs to put extra effort to learn all the techniques and software.
To become and sustain as a successful fashion designer it is advised to get a degree from a renowned institute. This degree courses will give you practical knowledge about the entire fashion industry along with the knowledge of the latest technologies used which will eventually help you to survive in this highly competitive industry.
2 simple steps to be a successful fashion designer.
To be a successful fashion designer you need to have expertise over 2 types of skills:
- The first step is to start exploring and improving your natural skillsets. Having a good eye for detailing in cloths like colors, fabrics, patterns, and accessories is a rare talent. If you the same, simply start as early as possible to start improving on your natural skills and other important skills required for fashion designing like drawing, sketching, sewing.
Top qualities that fashion designer must acquire:
- Sense of style
- Sketching ability
- Good Sewing Skills
- Good communication skills
- Competitive spirit
- Good Business sense
- Take the next step to join a renowned fashion institute to improve your acquired skills. This is a smart way to enhance your skills as these institutes teach you more than just designing clothes and accessories. Today’s fashion designers need to be much more than just designers. At every step of the career, they need to super creative, show good management which will make them sustain in this competitive industry.
Let’s clear some more common questions about fashion designing courses…
- How many types of courses available in fashion designing??
There are various courses available in fashion designing as per your interest and subjects covered in courses. There are a variety of courses available in fashion designing. The most famous and promising course options are as below:
- Bachelor of Vocation (B. Voc.) 3 years Degree Course in Fashion Designing
(UGC Approved Recognized University)
- PG Diploma in Fashion Designing with CAD
- 3 years Expert Diploma in Fashion designing
- 2 years Advance Diploma in Fashion Designing
- 1-year Diploma in Fashion designing with CAD
- Any minimum qualification required for fashion designing courses?
The minimum requirement for most of the diploma courses is 10+2 and post-graduation diploma courses will require graduation in any stream
- Any Age criteria for these courses?
As such, there are no age criteria. If you qualify then eligibility criteria, then anyone can take admission for these courses.
- What are other career options available after fashion designing courses?
A common misconception is that after doing fashion designing course one can only do clothes and accessories designing but most people are unaware of the career opportunities post fashion designing course. Below are some career options available for post-completion of required course:
- Fashion consultant
- Store Managers
- Embroidery Designers
- Visual Merchandisers
- Which is the best Fashion Designing Institute in New Mumbai?
Join a diploma/degree course with a renowned name in the fashion industry – Technical Institute of Interior & Fashion Studies (TiiFS) in Navi Mumbai. TiiFS is a pioneer in fashion and Interior designing in Navi Mumbai which is recognized by the government. So, go ahead and enroll yourself in any desired course.
Please visit the address & contact number given on the website of Technical Institute of Interior & Fashion Studies (TiiFS)