CSPO Vs PSPO Certification: Which Program Is For Me?
If you’ve been curious about checking out the Certified Professional Scrum Master or the Professional Scrum Master programs, this post is for you. Both programs offer some benefits, but which one is right for you? Let’s take a look at the differences between an un-certified scrum product owner and a professional scrum product owner, and see if the right program fits your needs.
What Is A Certified Scrum Product Owner?
Certified Scrum Product Owners can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Scrum, scrum facilitation, and the business values behind the scrum. This program is meant for agile professionals with significant product or project management experience.
Professional Scrum Product Owner
The Professional Scrum Product Owner program is for people who have the skills to work as scrum product owners, but don’t have the formal certification. You’ll learn all about agile principles, how to build a product backlog, and how to navigate the scrum process. In addition, you will learn how to hold sprint reviews and retrospectives.
Certified Scrum Master
The Certified Scrum Master program is a level-two certification, so it’s not for beginners. You have to have either the Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Developer certificates to be eligible. Keep in mind, that this program is a more advanced certification and you do need an intermediate understanding of scrum and agile principles before applying.
Which One Should You Go For?
If you work as a product owner, then you should go for the Certified Professional Scrum Product Owner program. If not, then the Professional Scrum Master program is the one for you.
It’s important to note that these programs are designed for different audiences. If you’re a product owner and want more certifications, then going for the Certified Professional Scrum Product Owner program would be your best bet.
The CSPO vs PSPO Certification will give you insight into what makes a scrum product owner successful and it will help prepare you to take on this role with success. On the other hand, if you’re not currently a scrum product owner but want more professional development skills, such as time management and communication skills, then the Professional Scrum Master program is right for you.
The Certified Professional Scrum Product Owner Program covers these topics:
- agile project management basics, basic scrum terminology, and principles of agile development in an enterprise environment
- how to lead and work with cross-functional teams that deliver products iteratively and incrementally
- how to create products that deliver value; how to manage stakeholder expectations
- how to work in environments where multiple stakeholder types exist
- tools and techniques required of a scrum product owner to successfully release increments of value while meeting customer needs while also delivering on business goals.
- On the other hand, The Professional Scrum Master Program covers these topics: common challenges faced by teams faced with change; introduction to agile project management concepts such as sprint.
Two certification programs offer benefits. The CSPO vs PSPO Certification allows you to learn, grow, and advance your skills in the field of the scrum. Whichever program you choose, some benefits are sure to help your business.