According to Erste-Hilfe Kurs München if food enters the trachea, it can block all or part of the windpipe and the person will begin to choke. If the windpipe is not completely blocked, the person will still be able to breathe in enough air and cough-and usually be able to push out the stuck piece of food.
If a person chokes, remember that coughing is a good sign, indicating that the trachea is not completely blocked. If the choker is not coughing but is holding in his throat, then he needs help.
To help the choking person, use the Heimlich method.
Erste Hilfe Kurs führerschein signs of blocked airways:
- Lack of full breathing. If the windpipe is not completely blocked, the person coughs; if completely, the person clings to his throat.
- Inability to speak.
- Lividity of the skin of the face, swelling of the vessels of the neck.
Clearing the airways is most often done by the Heimlich method.
How to perform the Heimlich
At the Erste Hilfe Kurse münchen they teach to perform Heimlich in 4 steps:
- Stand behind the victim.
- Wrap your arms around the victim, interlocking them just above the belly button, under the costal arch.
- Press firmly on the victim’s abdomen, bending sharply at the elbows.
Do not squeeze the victim’s chest, except for pregnant women, for whom pressure is applied to the lower thorax.
- Repeat several times until the airway is clear.
If the victim is unconscious and falls, place the victim on his back, sit on his hips, and press on the rib arches with both hands.
To remove foreign bodies from the child’s airway, turn him on his stomach and pat him 2-3 times between the shoulder blades. Be very careful. Even if the baby coughs up quickly, go to the doctor for a medical examination.
непонятный заголовок. Нужно переделать и сделать длиннее. Очень короткий