How a Dallas H-1B Visa Attorney makes a Difference to your Petition
The most common question that may come up for foreign nationals looking forward to applying for an H1B visa position in the US would be is there a need for an immigration attorney. Rest assured that you do not require hiring an attorney, as your sponsor would take care of the application and petition process.
However, in most cases, a Dallas H-1B Visa Attorney would help both the foreign workers and sponsors to have legal assistance for preparing and filing the H1B visa petition. In the event, you wish to use the services of an attorney while your sponsor agrees; you should know that the sponsor would not be required to pay the fees of the attorney, but they may.
Circumstances where an attorney could make a difference
Due to some essential administrative changes, you may come across a few kinds of H1B petitions. These may not be as simple as before. Find below a few examples –
- Any IT positions having relatively low skills or qualifications requirements
- All H1B visa extensions have new rules whereby the extensions are deemed as new petitions
- H1B visa transfers to a new employer
- Students on F-1 visas and OPT seeking H1B visa to stay in the US
- Position at any subordinate pay levels
The aforementioned situations have an uncertainty factor based on the changing rules. It would be pertinent that your immigration attorney should be updated with the latest requirements and qualification standards. They would guide you in making the difference between denial and approval.
How is an immigration attorney helpful in the H1B Visa Process?
An experienced immigration attorney with H1B visas could be helpful in the following various ways –
- Advising the worker and sponsor on the overall timeline and process
- Managing prospects to be chosen in the lottery
- Obtaining the latest pay for the job, location, and completing the application for labor conditions precisely
- Completing the petition and supporting documents
- Filing the petition with the USCIS
- Responding to requests for any USCIS evidence
- Following the on petition review and lottery results
Should you hire the services of an attorney?
Most foreign applicants and sponsors choose to handle the petition independently instead of paying additional fee to the attorney. It could enhance the cost of obtaining a visa. However, when considering the business and monetary benefits for both sponsor and the worker, it would be in your best interest to invest in an experienced immigration attorney.