Technology For Diagnostic Accuracy!
The thermal imaging camera is a state-of-the-art system that is used to offer high-precision diagnostics in various inspections. Its handling is considered simpler than that of a Smartphone; its variety of models makes them comfortable to move around, and they vary in ideal functions to solve multiple problems. It works thanks to the emission of infrared rays, recording data and forming luminous images captured and reflected on a screen not detected by the naked eye.
The thermal imaging camera’s usefulness is relevant for the diagnosis of constructions, in the inspection and energy audit, in the management of properties and facilities, for the air conditioning, for humidity diagnostics and repair. Let’s see below the most common uses and the advantages and disadvantages of having one of them:
Using Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Used to quickly and reliably detect energy losses due to refrigerant gas and vapor leaks.
- Detects faulty insulation in the air conditioning systems of buildings, homes, companies, industries, and businesses.
- Facilitates the inspection of high voltage power cables.
- It is possible to detect oxidation, cracks in walls and pipes.
- Motors operating at abnormal temperatures can be detected early.
- Waterproofing defects and sources of humidity can be observed.
- Detection of hot and cold water systems.
Thermal Imaging Cameras In Industries
This instrument’s appearance has been relevant at an industrial level in various sectors, mainly related to fixture construction and plumbing, as it manages to manage buildings and homes comprehensively.
The staff must know how to handle specific information related to the proper interpretation of the data, as well as the factors that influence the temperature readings such as:
- Thermal conductivity.
- Emissivity, the ability of an element to emit infrared.
- Reflection, thermal radiation from the operator himself.
Advantages of implementing thermal imaging cameras
- In winter, vulnerable sites caused by expired or defective insulation can be detected. Preventing the air conditioning equipment from straining to maintain the temperature.
- In summer, in addition to maintaining the temperature, it is also possible to correct leaks, sources of humidity, and even problems related to overheating of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- It considerably reduces the energy consumption of homes, businesses, and industries.
- Identify hot spots faster, detect power failures.
- Streamlines the work of plumbers with a better diagnosis.
- It is a reliable instrument for measuring temperatures from a distance.
- Using this device reduces the chance of fire.
Disadvantages Of Implementing Thermal Imaging Cameras
- The use of this new technology requires trained personnel to handle and interpret the information observed in thermal imaging cameras.
- A misinterpretation of the data could make wrong decisions, which can cause significant accidents.
A thermal imaging camera is an ally in construction and plumbing services that optimizes work and participates in saving water and energy.