What are the top 10 post and pre workout meals?
Struggling to find meals to eat before you hit the gym? Always finding it hard to know what to put in your plate after a workout? Mr Meals has got the right meal plans for the gym! Before your workout and after your workout, you work your muscles and performance and we will work out the meal plans! Simple, fast and easy!
Be it a pre workout meal, pre workout snack, or post workout snack, we’ve got you covered! Check the workout meal plans here https://www.mrmeals.com.au/collections/meal-plan/products/07-days-meal-plan
Performance maximizing pre workout food
The main focus of all pre workout meals or pre workout snacks should be carbohydrates.
Carbs provide your body with the needed amount of energy to be able to last throughout your exercise or training session.
Carbs include: Whole-grains, Oats, Beans, Nuts, Fruits and Vegetables.
Attention gym lovers!
- Allow enough time for digestion: The ideal time is to consume carbs one to two hours before exercise.
- Focus on carbs but also consume some protein before your workout. Proteins are key for muscle recovery and muscle growth, therefore protein levels should be maintained at a high level.
- Pre workout snacks can include White bread, Jam, Granola, Cereal, Rice cakes and Fruit.
Muscle recovery post workout food
The purpose of post workout meals is to promote muscle recovery and fill you up with the energy your lost during your workout. Therefore, the focus should once again be on consuming good quality protein and carbs. As such, proteins will allow a process known as muscle protein synthesis (MPS) to occur to help your muscles recover and prevent muscle breakdown.
Proteins include: Lean beef, Chicken, Pork, Turkey, Eggs, Dairy, Seeds, Quinoa and Nuts.
Attention gym lovers!
- Include carbohydrates as they should also be part of your post workout meal plan to make sure the energy you spent during workout is properly replaced.
- Consume protein and carbs together. By doing this, recovery is fastened by enhancing protein and glycogen (energy) synthesis.
Get ready meals delivered right to your door by Mr Meals, the dedicated partner of people who take their gym food seriously! Check our single meal options and order your pre workout or post workout meal today! https://www.mrmeals.com.au/collections/single-meal