Which food one should eat when one is recovering from a high fever?
The average or normal body temperature of a human body is 98-100°F or 36-37°C. If it rises above its standard units, a person may have a fever. Fever can be a result of a disease or illness. It can create feelings of anxiety and uneasiness. You should not worry if your body warmth isn’t above 100°F. However, a minor increase in the body temperature of an infant or toddler can depict a severe disease or infection. Therefore, if the body temperature of your baby reaches 100°F, consult with your doctor or an online chemist before giving him or her any medicine. They may prescribe suitable medications to address the condition. However, if you are an adult, OTC medications can help you in the treatment.
In addition, certain foods can also help get rid of hyperthermia (another name for fever). They may provide energy, hydration and lower your body heat. Some of those foodstuffs are as follows-
- Eat berries; they can help in boosting the immune system
- If you are sick, you may face difficulty in passing the stools. In such cases, you should eat Fiber-rich food; they help pass the stools
- Drink chicken soup; it provides energy to the body
- You can try eating fish; they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and help strengthen your immune system
- Keeping taking coconut water; it may help you stay hydrated
You should keep eating these foods until you have a fever. Moreover, you can also consult with your doctor for more foods that may help to lower the body heat.
You can buy Paracetamol from Daily Chemist; it can help ease the symptoms.
What are the symptoms of fever?
People who have a fever can experience some of the symptoms. They may include-
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Feel sleepy
- Decreased appetite
- Minor signs of dehydration
If your baby has a high temperature, he or she may feel-
- Increased temperature
- Have red cheeks
Consult with your doctor or an online chemist as soon as possible if your symptoms go worse.
What causes hyperthermia (fever)?
There can be various reasons for fever. Some of them may include the following-
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Withdrawal from alcohol
- Certain medications
When does fever become bothersome?
There are certain factors, which depict fever and its severity. They may include-
- The standard body temperature of a human body is 98-100°F. If it rises to 103°F (38°C), you may have a fever. However, in children, this measurement is low (99.5°F or 37.5°C).
- There can be cases when the body temperature rises above 106°F or 41.1°C. This condition is known as hyperpyrexia. You may need immediate medical help in such situations. However, you may face complications in the absence of proper treatment.
Fevers are classified into the class according to the time they last for.
- It is called acute if it remains for less than 7 days.
- It is called sub-acute if it remains for around a fortnight.
- It becomes chronic if it stays for more than a fortnight.
What are the home remedies to lower down the body’s temperature?
In addition to eating the foods mentioned above, you can also try home treatments to get rid of fever symptoms. You can consult with your doctor or an online chemist for the same purpose. Nevertheless, some of them include the following-
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated
- Wear light-colored and comfortable clothes
- Take a bath with lukewarm water
- Use wet compresses
These home remedies can help adult people to ease their condition. However, remember not to give any medication or home treatments to your newborn baby without the consultation of your doctor. Seek medical help as soon as possible if the body temperature of your infant is or above 100°F.
You can seek online doctor consultation for fever. Visit the Daily Chemist web page for any queries. Moreover, you can also request medical guidance from experts.