Different Hacks to Change Water Filter Cartridge
Water filtration has become an essential part of our lives. It is one of the common needs of every household. If you own a water filter system, you must need to change the water filter cartridges. If you do not follow this process regularly, then dirty filters will promote harmful bacteria growth, which can cause serious health problems in the long-term. The normal time period to change the filters is generally from 6 to 12 months or when the water pressure drops from its normal range. In this article, we are going to learn about water filtration cartridge replacement.
Steps of how to change a water filter cartridge
Water filter cartridge replacement is not a challenging task. You can follow the given steps to change your water filter cartridges; all buy yourself.
- Close the valve that feeds the water filter.
- Release the pressure as required by turning on the water spigot located after the filter that you press to release pressure after shutting the supply water.
- Using the respective filter wrench, open the filter bowl, and empty the used filter cartridge. (consideration: keep the O ring at the top of the filter bowl to re-use this)
- Put up your new cartridge and make sure that the o ring is placed at the right places, and screw the cartridge bowl back to its place. Note: If the old O ring has expanded more than the groove’s size, get a new O ring.
- Open the release valve.
- Now, slowly open the inside valve and press the red button to free the air till the water starts flowing from the button.
- Open a valve in the house to purify the air from the new filter.
How to buy water filter cartridge replacement
Use the cartridges of the same brand as your filter to be on the safe side. Look for the size and model in advance before the installation. Most of the filters are available on the same day, and you might also get referred discounts on the water filter cartridges.
Use the correct water filter cartridges.
It is essential to use an appropriate filter cartridge for effective operation. If you ever think of changing your current cartridge with a different cartridge, do not hesitate to discuss it first to ensure that it will not decrease your water treatment system’s performance and willfully follow the water quality concerns.