How Web Casinos Are Changing – Online Gambling Trends in 2021
In the context of a global pandemic, the situation on the gambling market is constantly changing. Online casinos, games, streams, e-sports are all rapidly gaining popularity. The particular success of online platforms is noted in those countries where offline casinos operated before the pandemic. Currently, there are several factors that influence the state of affairs in the industry. First, quarantine – people are forced to abandon their usual way of life and spend a lot of time at home. In this situation, the search for new entertainment began. This is exactly the kind of entertainment that online casinos have become, especially with a well-developed bonus system and a stable service. The second point is continuous technological progress, which undoubtedly contributes to the gambling industry. And one more important point – good money is spinning here – according to analysts’ forecasts, the online gambling market will reach $ 1 trillion by the end of 2021.
New game formats
The online gambling industry is constantly changing, and new ideas are emerging. It led to radical changes in the very essence of the online casino, as well as in the games. Here is an overview of some of the innovations that have changed the gambling industry forever and are shaping the future of online casinos:
- Virtual reality. VR casino opens up a fully interactive space and a much more immersive experience than a traditional online platform. Although the technology is relatively new, it has gained millions of followers in recent years. Therefore, many gambling providers are interested in this area. The market leaders took up the technology and began to promote virtual slots.
- Live dealer games. Speaking of innovation, one cannot fail to mention live-games, which are able to completely recreate a real casino atmosphere, having won over the most conservative users. The gameplay is supervised by video cameras and motion sensors, allowing players to watch every action of their opponents and casino staff.
- 3D games. 3D games are the type of gambling innovation that is already incredibly popular and continues to gain momentum. Over the years, the quality and the drawing detail is only improving. Leading software providers such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech are actively expanding their portfolio with 3D slots and table games. And the British company Betsoft has completely turned three-dimensional graphics into its main offer and today it is one of the market leaders.
- E-sports betting. The days when computer games served as entertainment for children and young people are over. Today, video games have become e-sports, a multi-million dollar industry. Since all kinds of tournaments and cups for the most famous computer games have become common practice, users got the opportunity to bet on their favorite players and teams. In 2020, over $ 20 billion was spent on e-sports betting. At the same time, the operators’ income amounted to just under two billion dollars. So, e-sports betting is an incredibly promising (and therefore profitable) direction of online gambling.
- Fantasy sports. Fantasy sports is an opportunity to assemble a team consisting of real athletes, as a rule, competing within the same championship and earn points, win money depending on their success. The fantasy sports phenomenon originates from North America, where it has successfully existed for years. However, in most European countries, it is still a novelty.
The modern gambling market is full of ideas. Therefore, it is extremely important for operators to adapt and choose the one that will be in trend for a long time. This is how the Shangri La gambling platform operates. The site was launched in 2016 by the well-known company Storm International and offered slots, live dealer games and traditional sports betting. Today, users are offered to play slots from more than 50 providers, scratchcards, games with skill elements and much more. The collection of livecasino online games is very large. It includes Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic Play and other software providers. The broadcasts are open, and everyone can watch the gameplay. To do this, you only need to have a registered account, but it is not necessary to replenish it. In the sportsbook section, you can find virtual sports and e-sports, offers of in-play betting are highlighted separately.
With the development of technology, the audience of online casinos has changed. If before players went to land-based clubs or played using a PC, nowadays they have switched to mobile games. More than 80% of players use casino apps for smartphones or tablets. The undoubted advantage of a good online platform is the availability of a mobile application. Shangri La Casino and Sports’ new mobile app is a good example of gambling variety and multifunctionality. It makes the playing, registration, account deposits and withdrawals as convenient and simple as possible, offers slots, sports betting, live casino and more. There are also special unique bonuses. The application consumes the smartphone’s battery and helps to play longer and more comfortably.
New options for deposit / withdrawal of money
Payment methods in modern online casinos range from ordinary bank cards to electronic payment systems. Bank cards Visa and MasterCard are very popular with the European audience, as they allow you to carry out transactions in 200+ countries around the world. The advantages of e-wallets are a user-friendly interface, low commission, and a professional support service. Additionally, nowadays bitcoin has become commonplace not only in the field of online trading, but also firmly established itself in the gambling industry. Although today only 15% of casinos around the world operate with bitcoin, this figure will grow from year to year.