How to Prepare Lines and Angles Chapter of Maths in 9th Grade?
As the years pass by, children grow up and their studies take a step forward. Every grade leads to the development of their intellect but the difficulty level also increases. 9th class is considered as a turning point in a student’s life and it is a crucial class as it builds the base for their 10th-grade studies. Students mostly face difficulty in Maths as a lot of new topics are introduced to them. Geometry takes a completely different turn in 9th standard and they require a lot of practice.
Geometry in Class 9th starts with the chapter named Lines and Angles. Although this chapter is quite easy and can be done within a couple of days but being a new concept students face difficulty in it. It is essential to be well versed with the concepts of this chapter and develop a proper understanding of it because the basics taught in the chapter are used in the higher classes also. In order to prepare the chapter well, the students should sit with a positive mindset and should be willing to give their best in this subject.
First of all, knowing the content of the chapter is imperative along with it the additions and deletions should also be kept in mind. The students should start practicing this chapter from NCERT Textbook. The following concepts are discussed in the chapter-
- Basic terms and definitions
- Intersecting Lines and Non- Intersecting Lines
- Pairs of Angles
- Parallel Lines and a Transversal
- Lines Parallel to the same Line
- Angle Sum Property of a Triangle
There are only 3 exercises of this chapter in NCERT along with some examples. Therefore, to prepare well and for concept clarity, the students should do each and every question from NCERT and the proofs of the given theorems need to be practiced. Being attentive in the classroom helps in understanding well and also clears a lot of doubts. The students shouldn’t hesitate in putting up questions while preparing the chapter. If they find any question difficult then the way to get out of it is by practicing it as many times as they can.
Some tips to master this chapter are-
- Create a list of important properties.
- Make theory notes.
- Try to make figures in your practice notebook with a pencil and a scale.
- Start the question with ‘Given’ and ‘To Prove’.
- Don’t skip the steps even while practicing.
- None of the questions from NCERT should be left untouched.
- Proof of the theorem needs to be practiced.
- All the important and tricky questions should be written in a separate notebook for revision before the exams.
- Last but not least try to study with a light mind and jolly mood.
After having a strong grip on the questions of the NCERT Textbook, it is advisable to refer to additional study material for perfection and to know a different variety of questions. Moreover, the habit of going through reference books helps in higher standards also. In 9th standard it is not needed to get stuck in plenty of reference books, doing a single book is enough. For the chapter Lines and Angles, RS Aggarwal is one of the best reference books and the students can refer to it for their practice and better understanding. RS Aggarwal contains the questions of higher difficulty which have the chances of appearing in the examination. This book covers all the topics in detail and provides the required knowledge of problem-solving. The solutions available in the book are quite reliable and useful. It is not necessary to spend money and then buy the additional book. The PDF of RS Aggarwal along with the solutions is easily available on the internet.
Features of RS Aggarwal Class 9 Solutions Chapter 7 (Lines and Angles):
- Every question consists of multiple solutions. The most suitable one can be adopted by the students.
- The solutions are developed by experts and subject scholars.
- The solutions are prepared using a reliable source.
- Complete, correct, and precise solutions are provided for each question.
- These solutions are also useful for the preparation of competitive exams.
- The solutions are designed in such a way that an excellent explanation of a difficult topic is given.
- The solutions are printed in neat and clear language.
- They are given in a decent order i.e.; the level goes from easy to difficult in a proper sequence.
After this, the students should go through the past years’ questions of this chapter. This gives them a better idea of the frequently asked questions and they also learn in which order the questions should be attempted. Thus, for preparing the chapters of maths and specifically Lines and Angles a proper plan needs to be developed.
The plan can include the following steps-
- Knowing the content of the chapter.
- Devote at least 30 minutes in a day.
- NCERT should be studied thoroughly.
- A separate notebook of practice should be formed.
- Go through the additional books like RS Aggarwal.
- Be well versed with the past years’ questions.
- Having a proper geometry box for the practice.
- The chapter needs to be revised on regular basis for better retention.
At last, Geometry should be done in neat and clear handwriting. Even while practicing, the students should make a habit of drawing the figures and writing neatly so that they don’t face any problems in the future. The examiners also feel relaxed while checking a neat paper and the probability of scoring better increases. On the other hand, hard work plays an important role in the preparation of the chapter. Being dedicated and determined is the key to achieving precision. With constant practice and consistency, the students gain confidence and feel motivated. In a nutshell, try to follow the aforementioned tips and tricks for succeeding not only in this chapter but in all the chapters of Maths in class 9th.