Mark Roemer Shares the Best Snacks to Have Under 200 Calories
Weight loss, a healthy diet, or any other such reason may be the motivation to cut down on your calories. According to Mark Roemer, snacking without restraint can become a huge obstacle towards those goals. However, there are plenty of nutritious and healthy snacks that are low in calories and can give you the energy boost you need. Let’s look at a few snacks that have a calorie count of 200 or less.
- A tablespoon of peanut butter with half an apple – An apple a day keeps the doctor away and half of that with some peanut butter is a snack that is low in calories and high in nutrients. Apart from the natural sugar for your sweet tooth, apples also have a lot of minerals and vitamins. On the other hand, peanut butter has protein that keeps you full for longer durations. This small combination packs around 157 calories and has good fat that doesn’t affect your weight loss goals.
- A nutty treat – Grab a cup and fill a quarter portion of it with cashews, unsalted almonds, and pistachios. All of them pack healthy amounts of monounsaturated fats along with fiber and protein. Since nuts have a high-calorie count, the portion needs to be limited to a quarter cup so that you can keep a check on your calorie intake. You can combine them or have a portion of any one of those nuts. Each of them packs less than 200 calories in a quarter cup of serving.
- Savory protein bar – Whether you are building strength, losing weight, or want to enjoy a healthy treat, the protein bar never fails your expectations. You can make them at home or buy packaged protein bars and have them anytime, anywhere. If you buy protein bars from the store read the labels carefully to look out for added sugar. If you make it at home, use natural sugar from berries or honey and try to use whole grains that are low in calories and rich in both fiber and protein.
- Good Old Hard-Boiled Eggs – Eggs have a permanent place in most cuisines and form an important part of our diet. You can bring it to gourmet excellence or consume them in one of their simplest forms, hard-boiled. They may not seem much, but pack quite a lot of protein and two of them can give you 155 calories. They are the simplest to make in this list and any list of food you can find on the internet.
- Greek yogurt with strawberries – Each cup of Greek yogurt contains 18 grams of protein and packs just around 100 calories in every 6-ounce serving. Add in the strawberries filled with antioxidants and vitamins and you still don’t cross the 200-calorie limit.
Mark Roemer believes that you can easily keep hunger pangs in check with these low-calorie snacks. Moreover, you can make them rich in protein, vitamins, fiber, and minerals that give you a good dose of nutrition without adding to your body fat.