Robotics- The innovation in thyroid cancer treatment
Over the years, cancer has always considered as a very dangerous disease. It is very essential to detect the cancer tumour at the earliest so that it does not spread to other parts of the body. So you should consult the best oncologist in India and start the treatment as soon as possible. So let us concentrate on one type of tumour, ie the thyroid tumour. The best surgical process which is used to treat Robotic-Assisted Bilateral Breast Axillo Insufflate Thyroidectomy (RABBIT) is the alternative to open surgery for thyroid cancer. RABBIT surgery was first introduced in the year 2004. The conventional open thyroidectomy was then replaced with the latest technology of robotics. In a robotics surgery, Da Vinci robotic machine is used to remove the thyroid tumour. This treatment option is best suited for thyroid carcinoma. Thyroid carcinoma can be differentiated as papillary or follicular thyroid carcinoma. This advanced treatment is a quality treatment as there is no scar visible in robotic-assisted bilateral Breast Axillo Insufflate.
Dr Sandeep Nayak, the best oncologist in India is the pioneer of this latest robotic surgery in India. He has been extensively performing this surgery to treat advanced thyroid tumour using this surgery. He possesses all the skills and experience to perform complex surgeries using this latest technique of robotic. Although robotic is a pretty new surgical method available to remove the tumour, it has many advantages associated with it which will help the patient to fight the disease.
Following are the advantages of Robotic-Assisted Bilateral Breast Axillo Insufflate Thyroidectomy (RABBIT).
- Shorter hospitalization
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Recovering time is faster and the patient can return to normal life very quickly.
- Smaller incisions are made so that the risk of infection is reduced.
- Reduced blood loss and transfusions
- Minimal scars are visible near the operated area.
RABBIT surgery helps in treating thyroid cancer very smoothly and with ease. To perform this ultra-modern and latest surgical process, you need the expertise of the best cancer specialist in India.
Every surgery has some pros and cons attached to it. But this minimally invasive surgery called as Robotic Assisted Bilateral Breast Axillo Insufflate Thyroidectomy (RABBIT) has many pros as compared to cons. Let us look into as what are the main advantages of this minimally invasive surgery.
- When it comes to minimally invasive surgery, then this surgery is considered as one of the newest and the most modern surgery for thyroid cancer.
- RABBIT surgery is suitable and best when the size of the thyroid tumour is less than 4cm.
- Robotic-Assisted Bilateral Breast Axillo Insufflate Thyroidectomy is the surgery performed on large benign thyroid nodule or follicular neoplasm which are more than 5-8 cm in size.
- RABBIT is also very helpful to operate easily on patients who are suffering from obesity problem and are affected by thyroid cancer.
- It is a painless type of thyroid surgical option and the incisions made are very small in size. The maximum size of the incision is very less ie of 1-1.5cm.
- As mentioned in the above point that only small incision is made which makes the surgery a minimally invasive one.
After reading about the surgical process, now you will be satisfied that this surgery can be the best solution for removing the tumour from the thyroid gland. Now let us see how is the actual surgery is performed. This modern surgery needs a robotic machine
Step by Step guide for RABBIT surgery.
- The first step to be performed by the surgeon on the patient is giving anaesthesia so that the patient becomes unconscious. It now becomes easy for the surgeon to start the surgical process.
- A C-section incision is made below both the arms of the patient so that Dr Sandeep Nayak can easily access the thyroid gland.
- While performing the surgery, the neck of the patients should not be stretched extensively as the pain might start to increase.
- A verticalizing maneuver (VM) instrument is placed around the breast area. This instrument is placed so that the lower part of the breast can be uplifted with the help of elastic bands. The surgeon then accesses the thyroid gland through this area.
- While the surgery is being performed, the patient’s face is covered with plastic cover so that the surgeon can easily access the thyroid gland and remove the tumour that has been developed there.
- After which small incisions are made through with the laparoscopic instrument is inserted with the help of the arms of the robot. Once the laparoscopic instrument is inserted through these small incisions, the surgeon gets a clear image of the inside of the thyroid gland. The surgeon gets a 3D image of the tumour which is located inside the thyroid gland.
Dr Sandeep Nayak is a pioneer and the promoter of RABBIT surgery in India. He has introduced this surgery in India with the sole aim of providing the best treatment possible to the patient so that they recover fast. Having all the skills and dedication towards the surgery, Dr Sandeep Nayak, the best cancer specialist in Bangalore uses this surgery extensively to remove the thyroid tumour with the use of minimally invasive surgical treatments.