Update Your Emirates ID In 2021
Emirates ID is the residents’ card and the proof of your identity in the UAE. It applies to all the citizens of the UAE and residents. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship shall issue the Emirates ID. The application process is simple with easy emirates ID tracking features available online.
Every citizen needs to have an Emirates ID with accurate details. Whether you want to create a new ID or update your details or make some corrections, the amendment procedure is the same.
Considering that the Emirates ID is a vital document, there are many issues associated with the same. For instance, people who do not have an ID such as residence visa cannot process their medical insurance and would need residence proof while traveling. As such, it is important to have your proof of residence and ensure that it is up-to-date.
How to Update Emirates ID Changes?
Emirates ID holders have to report changes in their data to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, minimum of 30 days prior to the date of the change.
Residents can visit the nearby ICA branch of Customer Happiness Centre to process their requests. Once the updates are successfully reported, the ID update would require some additional information.
The Order of Personal Data Update for Emirates ID
There are two types of data for Emirates ID update – key data and non-key data.
All the necessary information, including the full name, date of birth, and nationality are key data.
Other variable information such as an address, occupation, etc., are non-key.
If you want to change any key information, you must visit the nearest Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship branch. However, if you want to make any changes to the non-key information, you can do it at any of the e-service kiosks.
Documents Required to Update Emirates ID
For all the changes, you must present the necessary documents that prove your identity in the country and supports the changes you want. Here’s a checklist of the documents:
- Original Emirates ID
- Supporting documents for updating data
- A medical report from the Ministry of Health or health authority to exempt the candidate determinedly
- A copy of the Social Insurance Certificate duly attested by the Ministry of Community Development
- Original POA, if a third party applies on the customer’s behalf
Documents Needed for GCC Residents and Expats
- Supporting documents for data processing and update
- Original consular card, diplomatic card, card of other international organizations for their members or the leaders of diplomatic as well as consular missions and other international organizations in the country, their exemption from fees for ID card
- A report of any UAE health authority or Ministry of Health
- Original POA
- Residence proof in the country
The Process to Updated Emirates ID In The UAE
Follow the step-by-step guide to modifying the Emirates ID:
- Visit your nearest branch of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- Fill out the necessary form for information change along with the supporting documents and submit
- Pay the fees
- Go for biometrics
- You receive an SMS containing a small print and the post office to collect the new Emirates ID
- Visit the mentioned post office and claim your card
Generally, it would take up to 48 hours to process an application. The process is hassle-free and quick if your documents are ready. Emirates ID tracking service makes the process seamless.